Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 248-Guest Blogger! Caroline is back!

My most dedicated guest blogger Caroline is back! this time with a project for herself


The main idea behind it was to create a skirt from leftover material (used the green cord for a pair of pants for Tom) but make it something that could be a summer or winter skirt.

I used a pattern from a+ Skirts (www.makeitperfect.com.au). These skirt patterns are super easy and I finished this whole skirt in an afternoon.
Step 1 - Pick out your material offcuts!
I had the green cord material leftover so bought some bright summery floral to lighten it up a bit
After doing the maths, I cut the material into strips to give me the right number of strips and the correct overall width of material needed by the pattern. I then overlocked all of these pieces together to make one big piece of fabric
Step 2 - trace the pattern onto paper to save cutting out your pattern
Step 3 - I then cut out my pieces keeping in mind how I wanted the front of my skirt to look i.e. feature panel on the front of the skirt
Step 4 - Sewed the 4 pieces together (Doesn't get much easier than that!), right sides facing
Step 5 - I sewed in a velcro strip instead of a zip - soooo much easier when you don't have much time. It was a bit skuiff but will do the job til I have another chance to put in a zip instead. This was the first use of the sewing machine - up until here the overlocker had done the lot! Awesome!
Step 6 - sew up the hem and give it an iron and then parade around the lounge room in new skirt!
thanks Caz!!! I was hoping your picture would share your beautiful face too!
the final product looks great (noice boots too!)

craft out!
xxoo

(by the way my computer packed it in tonight, so using andee's, off to buy a new computer tomorrow! hopefully i dont loose any info off the old hard drive!)






 


No comments: