Sunday, September 11, 2011

day 254-Coat standarama! a few screws loose and in need of some love

I am having a good run of fun projects after all those blackboards!!!
I purchased an old coat stand from the charity shop on saturday. The shape was good and I thought it had potential for a revamp.

it started like this, an old coat stand that had a few loose screws and needed some love (kinda like me)
this was my $15 bargin purchase
I tightened all the screws, wiped off the dust
and gave it a light sand.
Next I opened a can of "SUPER HIGH GLOSS red paint"
me out in the cold painting
it took me just over 2 hours to paint the first coat. 
painting with high gloss paint is a BITCH! its all sticky (like painting with nail polish!)
i then moved it inside to dry (and proceeded to stink out the house!)
 love the high gloss finish!
 yay! another fun project from the crazy 365 house!
GET CRAFTY!!
xxoo





2 comments:

bowerman said...

Suits your place, love the red was good choice, esp if you still going to paint front door red. Great projects! xoxox

coat stand said...

Oh,I like the second one,It looks so nice.