Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 264-scrap to scarf

Last week when I was visiting resource rescue I picked a pile of fabric swatch samples, beautiful fashion prints and detailed textures. The only problem is most of the swatches are small pieces, so now I need to think up lots of projects using small pieces... any suggestions are welcome!

a pile of swatches
 Ive decided to use this piece today
 overlocking it, right sides together, length-wise, then turning it back out the right way
 then overlocking the ends together, right sides together again
and I am left with a little hole for hand stitching (I hate that last little section! is there a better way to do this? any advice?)
 once around
 twice around

 how about the headband-scarf combo?
hello sailor!
craft out
xxoo

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Perhaps some tiny stuffed animals?