Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 280 Room reno begins!

Over the next month I am planning to renovate my bedroom. It is a tiny room with a large window and exposed beams. When we bought the house a year ago we painted the room white... and that's as far as we got! So its time for the next step...

This is how the room looked when we purchased the property 
I have decided to go for a black and white theme...
starting with my upcycled bedside tables below

pretty ugly bedside tables, but they had a good shape and i saw potential
(op shop, $25 each)

 after a wipe down and a light sand, the painting begins... high gloss black!!
 WOW!! looking great!
 now I have left them to dry,
I am thinking of painting the drawers high gloss white with the handle in black
I was also thinking of lining the inside of the drawers with some wallpaper/wrapping paper
(maybe black and white stripes? or fleur de lis?)
renovate out
xxoo

No comments: