Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 293-upcycle your old shoes!

I have been wanting to have a go at revamping some old shoes for awhile. 
Tonight is my first attempt....

step 1) a pair of old shoes
 I used the glue gun in one spot to hold the ribbon in place to start wrapping the front t-bar strap
 next I starting glue gunning some cotton lace edging around the shoe opening creating a ruffle effect
 then the front I covered with some polka dot fabric
 the back I glued down some red felt cut to size,
next I covered over all the edges and joins with the wide striped ribbon
and lastly added a gold ribbon embellishment and a covered button
SUPER DUPER SHOE MAKEOVER!!
 what do you think of the "shoe make-over" transformation??
eat your heart our alice in wonderland!

craft out
xxoo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMFG Bron these are AMAZING!!!! I've seen pairs of shoes sort of styled like this that retailed for over $300!!! This is an amazing job! I love your work and I've been catching up on your blog... Keep up the great work!!!