Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 285-Preparing for my market stall...

Tonight I have been organising decorations for my stall this weekend at the "Stringybark Sustainability Festival" in Rowville. If you are in Melbourne and have time to drop in I'd love to have a chat! Its open Saturday and Sunday 10-5.
The stall is to promote my "Upcycle your wardrobe" workshop (starting October 31st).

Okay back to craft! I thought it would be super cool to make some GIANT paper dolls with cut out outfits to display on the walls near my stall

I found some pics on google images of "Doris Day" paper dolls from 1955. I enlarged these images in Illustrator and printed them onto A3 pages (tiling the whole image). Next I had to cut all the edges and carefully line up the joins before sticky taping them together.
 The final height of the cutouts are about 1.5metres
 Then I used my homemade black board speech bubbles to convey my message
 I love them! such a shame the paper tears so easily... this would make for awesome wall paper in a vintage clothing store! Especially in the change room!
craft out
doris dolls
xxoo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever! Maybe you could get some cardboard (boxes from couriers/supermarket vege section etc) and use this as your backing then cover the whole lot in wide industrial sticky tape. At least then you could re-use without the fear of quick wear and tear!

bojud said...

They look fantastic Bron. Good luck with the store this weekend.X