Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 71-leather butterfly wing

Today I spent most of the day in the garden ripping out weeds, I was in a foul mood and the weeds were on the receiving end of my anger! I find the garden very therapeutic and I always try my best to devote my anger at gardening and housework (I figure at least the energy gets put to good use).
Tonight I have cut out a leather butterfly wing, at first I sketched a butterfly wing onto paper, cut this out, and then stuck the stencil directly onto the leather with masking tape (that way when i was using the stanley knife or scissors the leather did not move around). see pics below...
Well I am off to bed, I need an early night as I have a stall at melbourne's camberwell markets tomorrow (not for craft creations just getting rid of excess clothes, household goods, books etc) I love a good trash and treasure market and its always fun having a stall. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Cheers
xxoo

drawing and cutting
pretty
attach stencil directly onto leather with masking tape to hold it in place whilst cutting
slowly slowly cutting, some with a stencil knife and some with scissors 
pretty, i like it just like this...half text on paper and half leather...
skin on skin
more skin
with chain
or you could make it into a cuff??
craft out
xxoo

No comments: