Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 72-Scarf to Jabot

Scarf to "Jabot"... what is a Jabot you say?

In the 17th and 18th centuries, they consisted of cambric or lace edging sewn to both sides of the front opening of a man's shirt, and partially visible through a vest worn over it. This style arose around 1650.
Check out more history on the Jabot at  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jabot_(neckwear)
I think these neckpieces are a super accessory which we should bring back into fashion (maybe not for men?) see my take on the jabot below...  I think it turned out super! I might just make it Jabot week...

By the way today's trash and treasure stall was a success! it was very hot weather, but the customers were not deterred.

Traditional style pic below

it all started with a simple polka dot scarf...
cut into three
pinned
lots of gathering stitch
ripped a bow off an old hair clip and hand sewed it on
so cute!!! i love how it flares up at the neck
bron dons the jabot
mwah! i like!!
my new woven "365" day tags
stitched on my first tag
time for bed, 10 pm
craft out 
frilled neck crafters
xxoo

No comments: