Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 160-stripey upcycle

Today at work there was a kids jumper sample that was about to be thrown in the bin as it had a big cut out of the back, so I decided to see what could be salvaged from it... see the process below

baby gap stripey jumper with a hole in the back
i chopped off the sleevs and the hood
and used my awesome new brother overlocker to finish the cut edges off neatly to create some leg warmers and a hooded hat
sure to brighten up the winter days!!
leg warmers worn over tights for extra warmth
the hood fits really well and the top button keeps it in place
the overlocked edge creates a wavey edge
bron doing the colourful robot!
craft out friends! have a great long weekend for those of you in australia! I am about to go and pick up my mum from the airport, so looking forward to a productive creative weekend!!!
cheers
xxoo







2 comments:

Izzy said...

very cute... love the hat!

Anonymous said...

I love them!