Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 165-ring a ring a rosie

I love working with felt!
The great thing about felt is that you don't need to edge anything, you just cut your shape and WALAH!
If you have not played with felt then I highly recommend you go and buy a pack from your local Lincraft store!
Today I have made a really effective felt necklace, see the process below

sketch a shape
 cut some wavey lengths of felt for roses
 wind the roses up and hand stitch each one individually (not attaching it to the red background felt)
 hot glue gun 2 layers together (enclosing your ribbon ties securely between the two layers)
 it looks like rose byrne likes my necklace...
hot glue gun each flower in place
 walah! winter rose petal felt necklace!


craft out crafty petals!

1 comment:

Shinygirl said...

I love this, I'm going to try and make one with more tightly packed roses... maybe even a few petals thrown in for good measure.