Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 175-sunny sunday printing with miss laura day

Today was a lovely sunny sunday and I had a guest come to play craft!
Miss Laura Day from "learn 2 screen print" bought her mobile printing press over to my house and we spent the afternoon sketching, cutting, printing, chatting and eating!

You may recall I featured Laura's printing workshops on my blog back in february http://www.365daysofcraft.com/2011/02/screen-printing-day-out.html

Since then Laura and I have caught up a few times and it was Laura's turn to play craft at my house. Amongst all the chatting we did manage to complete a project each, so tonight my bearded neck warmer is featured below and tomorrow Laura's printed doggie jumper will be featured for the "Monday night guest blogger slot".

If you live in Melbourne and would like to learn screen printing then I highly recommend enrolling in one of Laura's classes. The two main things I loved about her workshop was, firstly the relaxed and inspiring art studio atmosphere and secondly you leave the class with finished projects to take home. In the "beginners course" you leave with your very own printed tote bag, a small collection of printed gift cards and if you have time a printed t-shirt! Check out her website on the link below
http://learn2screenprint.com.au/

For "365 days of craft" followers laura is offering a special deal! 10% off her "beginners course" for the first five people to call (just mention my blog when you call to make a booking) Laura can be contacted on 0405 469 296.

Okay back to today's craft

sketching my beard onto contact and cutting it out with a stanley knife
 contact attached to the screen ready to go
 add some ink
 time to get messy
 testing testing
 yay the print turned out really crisp and clear
I then overlocked this into a cylinder and and bagged it out with contrast striped lining

 (see the stripey lining inside)
 it works as man scarf too
craft out


3 comments:

Learn to Screen-Print said...

Hey bron they turned out looking great!! I had such a fun day - cant wait to do it all again...

Anonymous said...

Hey its really great job..its really funny.you are looking so funny and awesome...

Izzy said...

That is such a cute idea!