Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 172-mr moustache to you sir

Tonight I have trialled making a few of the moustache sticks out of felt and some pieces of dowl.
I know most of you have probably seen these sticks on the net but they are still great!
If you have read earlier posts I am thinking of making sticks like these as my name place settings on the dinner tables at my wedding. After making a few of these now I am considering making the bulk in a different way as the felt cut outs take quite abit of time and its hard to make them stiff enough to stay in the right spot on the stick without drooping. I am now thinking of possibly just printing these images onto thick cardboard and attaching these to sticks with a hot glue gun. After all they just need to really survive the night and provide some fun for the guests taking pics at the tables. I like the idea of not just using lips and moustache's but also beards, glasses, funny noses etc...

the dowl sticks with felt cut outs attached
 bron dons the mo
 inspector clueso style
 mo cut out 2


they are fun for pulling faces!
craft out!!
xxoo

2 comments:

bojud said...

Beautiful!, we are going to have fun!!

Izzy said...

Cute idea for a wedding. Great fun!