Saturday, April 2, 2011

1st April-bron doll

Tonight I have finished sewing a doll I started sewing five years ago!! can you believe it!
Five years ago i was single, living in a studio apartment on chapel st in Melbourne and living up the social life!
My two great friends at the time Jen and Al came over one afternoon with a bottle or 3 of wine and we decided to make dolls of ourselves. It was a very funny afternoon and needless to say we all passed out before the dolls were quite finished. I have carried this headless torso around in my many craft boxes to four different homes since then and only today does she have a face.
As I said before we were making "self portrait" dolls, i guess at the time i saw myself as a fishnet wearing type of girl...ha ha, if i was to make a self portrait doll from scratch now she would probably have a few more clothes... and a tad more weight...
see pics below

the travelling torso
 she gets a head.. i think i got the hair right
 witchy poo shoes
 the detailed lingerie
ahhh, horror movie scene...
she finally gets her head stitched on after all these years... (probably quite true)
should i be concerned my shoulders and breasts are the same size?
work it
 thats more like the real bron
 bron doll with accessories
opps looks like she needs to head off the bed...

craft out by bron doll
xxoo



2 comments:

bojud said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the shoes

Caz said...

Cute!