Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 105-"just married" flags

Tonight I got home from work early and thought "Great! i can get stuck into my craft for the night" but this "seemingly simple project!" has taken me until NOW 11.38pm!!
Its hard when I am trying to make new things all the time because with every new project you realise what you have done wrong, or how you would do it differently next time (but that doesnt help when you have to create something new the next day...) its certainly a challenge!
At least what i have finished has turned out really great! I love it, I want it at my wedding!
see the process below...

Cut out triangles

create a template to place all the text (so it sits in a neat line)

I bought these felt letters precut in a pack with sticky adhesive on the back.
 After all the hand cutting I did for the letters on the "pig" and "whale" projects I thought these were the answer to my prayers!!.......
until the sewing machine would not sew thru them! the needle kept getting stuck because of the sticky adhesive and I had to HAND STITCH them all!!! aghhh!
all the stitching done
attach altogether with cotton webbing
 after all the hard work...it does look great!


craft out 
xxoo





1 comment:

JenB said...

Yeah its really cute, worth the effort. Hope your sisters wedding is wonderful :o) Jen