Saturday, April 2, 2011

2nd april-vintage scarf's new life

This evening i have given a new life to some of my vintage scarf's, i LOVE vintage scarf's, especially the really gaudy ones!! everytime i am at camberwell markets or an op shop i just cant resist! But I still havent found the best upcycle method for them... today I have used 4 scarf's and a small piece of black jersey (stretch fabric) to make a skirt. I even wore it out to dinner tonight!! see the process below

some of my vintage scarf collection...
 a few more...
 cut a piece of black jersey stretch fabric into a rectangle, double it over and bag it out (joining with the overlocker) to create a wide waistband and then fold your scrafs into triangles, pin into place.
 best to try out the colours on the stand before stitching

new skirt for heading out to dinner, thai food yum yum




craft out
xxoo

No comments: