Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 100!! and its my birthday!!

Happy Bday to me and Happy Day 100 for 365 days of craft!
I spent a lovely breakfast out with a few of my girlfriends at "New York Tomato" (a great little melbourne cafe in Richmond) "new york loft" styling, run out of the back of a garage http://www.breakfastout.com.au/newyorktomato.html

okay back to craft! I was up until 2am last night working on some of the craft projects scheduled for my trip away in the US (they are all "American" themed...enough said, lips sealed).

Today's craft I have made an oversized t-shirt/dress to wear with leggings, see the process below,

At the moment I love oversized tees, especially the ones with extra length at the back, these are two from my current wardrobe
I cut the front out of black stretch cotton jersey
 and the back out of a two tone mesh (which is alot longer than the front)
 overlock the outside of both panels, edge the front neckline, attach both pieces at the shoulder seams and then pin in place where you are going to sew the side seams (as shown below)

 these type of garments do not have any hanger appeal, but look fantastic on because they flow and move with the body and have extra drape
looks like i have my outfit sorted for tomorrow
 
 lovely andee cooked me a beautiful bday dinner! what a great day

Craft out
xxoo

3 comments:

SilverMoon Dragon said...

Happy Birthday!

And what a coincidence! A friend of mine was at New York Tomato this morning too! She said they were really busy.

Angela Osborn said...

Happy birthday! The over-sized t-shirt/dress looks great!

bojud said...

Hey just read the review of New York Tomato, did you try a Tokyo Mary or any Mary- sounds enticeing!