Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 305-gone tribal

Today in Melbourne we had a public holiday (due to the annual Melbourne Cup) and because I am not a races fan (don't get me wrong I love the OTT headwear, just not so much the gambling and drunken whores) therefore I spent the day indoors crafting.

I was hoping to get started on a few projects... but alas this dam handmade necklace ate up a good chunk of my day!! 
I am happy with the outcome and love the wrapped/hand stitched tribal look
(but there is a reason why its tribal and thats because there wasn't much else to do back then and they could spend bloody all day stitching a necklace!)

When making a necklace like this it helps to have a large "useful box/room" full of goodies to source from
 I started with a cotton cord and wrapped a long strip of fabric around it to cover it (adding large hand stitches along the way to secure it)
 this took about 3 hours to get to this point...
 its complete!
 I love the weight of the heavily wrapped cord and the large stitches
 After stitching this thing all day I needed to play dress ups to lighten my mood. 
I love that when i walked out of the bathroom all styled up in "tribal chic" (including the face paint) that my fiancee didn't even bat an eyelid! he just put his hand out for the camera and got ready to take some snaps, BLESS HIM!

craft out!
xxoo
(p.s only 60 days to go OMG!)

2 comments:

bojud said...

So So love this - Of course!!

Liz Aitken said...

Wow,what a terrific result! I wouldn't have had the patience to do all that work - even on Melbourne Cup day!
Love it!