Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 321-BOOM TOWN!

My best friend Bianca's favourite new saying is "Boom Town!"
Its hard to explain the meaning... because it can kind of mean anything you want...

I.e
Bronwyn: "I just got a park right out the front of your house"
Bianca: "Boomtown!"


Bronwyn: "I just won a bottle of champers in a raffle"
Bianca: "Boomtown!"


Bronwyn: "I Just found 2 great pieces of hard rubbish on the drive over"
Bianca: "Double Boomtown" 


Bronwyn: "Should I pick up a bottle of wine on the way to your house?"
Bianca: "Ummmm is the pope catholic?"

That there is literary evolution at its finest... Actually I thought Bianca made it up, but on further research I discovered some VERY funny and at times explicit meanings for this saying on urban dictionary (enjoy the LOL's)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boomtown

and is why I have made you this for christmas Miss Bianca (SHHHH don't look yet! otherwise you will see your christmas present!)

I started by printing the "Boomtown" onto fabric
 and cut around this "comic" style "Bamm" "Shazamm" layout
next I cut a really long strip of black fabric to create the edge of what will become a 3D "boomtown" pillow. Then I stitched the edge all the way around (this took FRIGGEN forever! and just as I was about to  finish the piece of black fabric ran out! it was only about 6cm too short!!! UGH! 
chop, overlock, stitch, stitch again...
Next I cut the back out of stripey black and white fabric and attached this to the edge as well 
(again FOREVER! I must love u Miss B)
Next step bag it out
and stuff it with stuffing....
 YAY LOVE IT!
 3D BOOMAGE
 BACK VIEW
craft out
xxoo

I am finished for tonight
"BOOMTOWN"


No comments: