Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 319-2 items for the price of 1

So last night you would have seen my retro "Moo Moo" make-over and tonight I have used the left over strip of fabric from the hem to make a super cute skirt!
2 for the price of 1! That's up cycling at its finest!!


there was a large amount of fabric to cut off the bottom of the dress to re-hem it to a
 "non-60's love child kinda length"
 below; to the right is the strip left over
I used the original hem for the new short skirt hem, Easy!
 I created a waistband from a piece of wide black elastic, overlocking the ends together to form the loop.
Next I used a gathering stitch to gather up the skirt fabric around the top edge and then pinned the two together.
 Finally I overlocked the two pieces together 
craft out
6o's swirls
xxoo

No comments: