Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 195-Upcycled t-shirt = fashion accessory!!

So, Ive been having one of those days today... one of those "sleep in" procrastinate "feel sorry for self" procrastinate "avoid craft" procrastinate "why am i doing this project??" procrastinate... "clean house" procrastinate "put washing on" procrastinate... and when i couldn't procrastinate any longer I pulled out a box of old clothes and rummaged thru trying to think of an upcycling idea (and funnily enough it turned out really cool!)

finally getting started, with a box of old clothes
I chose this long top to upcycle
 I chopped off the sleeves whole because I can turned these into arm warmers
 cut into two, I am going to use the bottom half
 start cutting neatly into strips
 on both sides leaving a gap of approx 10-15cm in the middle
from here I folded it in half
from here I took one strip from the bottom fold and one from the top fold and threaded a bead onto it,
then I tied a knot to secure the bead
done!



 Its a fun accessory, half necklace, half scarf

 or wrap it around twice for another look
 grrrrr its bringing out my inner tiger!
 or as a belt??
 or perhaps the modern indian headdress?
CRAFT OUT!!
xxoo


5 comments:

Shinygirl said...

I have a feeling this might end up being my favourite craft so far (aside from the vinyl record bowls). LOVE the scarf necklace, love this blog. Thanks!

bojud said...

All great looks and a very nifty idea.

Maela said...

This is really lovely, compliments!

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Wao..this is so cute..i enjoy your blog, so now following you friend :)
i hope you will visit me & enjoy my creations..i have many DIY ideas..
Love ~

365 days of craft said...

I think I am going to have to make a few more like this! it turned out really well and everyone seems to like it too! cheers!!