Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 203-tea and jewels...

Last night I had a "crafta-evening" at my great friend Elisha's house. Elisha and I have known each other since year 4! We might be nearly 30 but we are not too old for a sleep over (or perhaps that's just our excuse to drink more wine!). We had a great evening of pizza, wine, chocolate, lots of talking and a little bit of crafting, see the result below...

I purchased a selection of "nanna glamour" plates at cups from the local op shop

 Elisha's puppy milly was keen to be involved
 ooooohhhh cute (I am not a dog person, but Milly and I are slowly bonding)
 We played around with creating a "cake tier" effect with the various cups and plates to create jewellery stands. I decided to just try glueing one together initially to see if it worked. I used Araldite (a 2 part glue, which smells really bad! like hair removal cream! ugh burning nose hairs from here!)
 As you can see wine was also an essential part of the creative process!
 after glueing we decorated it with some of Elisha's jewels
 and then left it overnight to dry properly,
its still stuck together and even survived the drive home!
I think I am going to make a few of these!

Craft out
xxoo



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great cupcake stands or table centre-pieces for your wedding maybe??! jen