Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 196-jeans upcycle

Following on from the t-shirt upcycle project from yesterday I have started a jeans upcycling project (sorry it is not finished yet, I will continue work on it tomorrow!)
Today Andee and I went to visit the lovely lady who will be our wedding celebrant so that took up most of our afternoon and now we are about to head out for dinner at a friends house. The papers of "intent to marry" are signed! and in a few months I will officially be Mrs Napiorkowski! I love it! how exotic sounding!

okay below the denim despec so far....

one pair of old jeans
My inspiration comes from this great utility belt I bought about a year ago. 
This is not upcycled, but I love the idea of not having to carry a bag and 
being able to slot the necessities into a belt (cash, phone, lippy) 
chop the legs off
 cut the back in half (I am going to use the back patch pockets as the utility pockets on my belt)
 I am using my favourite belt shape as the pattern
 creating a pattern with a large seam allowance as the denim is very thick
 use the legs to cut the belt panels out
 I think I might use this polka dot fabric as the backing of the belt and the pockets??
below are all of the pieces ready to sew
I am not sure whether to use a belt buckle or velcro?? 
check out tomorrow's blog for the finished product
craft out
xxoo

2 comments:

Curious Art said...

This would be an incredibly handy article for gardening! I love to garden but don't love looking like Mr. McGregor. You've just inspired my next sewing project!

365 days of craft said...

send me a pic when you finish your project!! cheers bronwyn