Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 209-giant balloons & wallpaper glue

Today I have started a very adventurous project requiring a GIANT balloon, two and a half litres of wall paper glue and a big bag of doilies....

x1 giant balloon from the local party supplies shop
and a huge doily collection!
 I purchased two strengths of wall paper glue to do a test first ..... but I really dont have the patience for doing the trial.... so I just went for the super strength 
 mix, mix, mix glugy, glugy, glue, glue
 masking tape the giant balloon to the floor
 dip the doily into the glue 
and apply to the balloon
 and another
 and another
sooooo what am I making????? 
hopefully a large light shade (to hang from the ceiling)
I couldnt wait to have a little sneak preview, so I popped a lamp behind it whilst its drying and switched off the room lights, It looks great!!
 I just really hope the balloon does not pop until it dries.... otherwise I will be left with a pile of wet gooey doilies...
 It looks like a world globe of doilies 
I really hope it dries hard enough to work....
I think this needs a good week near the heater, I will bring you an update next week

Craft out!
xxoo

No comments: