Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 199-Moet lamp or lamp revamp?

Yesterday I popped into a local op shop in my lunch break and found an old lamp shade. It has a great shape and I thought I would re-cover it. I was initially thinking polka dots with a contrast brocade trim around the edge.

Here is the original lamp
 I popped it onto the empty moet bottle to take a photo before hand
 and then thought it looked really cool attached to the moet bottle as a base
 so... do I continue as planned and re-cover the lamp shade? 
or
do I work out how to turn the moet bottle into the actual lamp and leave the shade as is??
let me know your thoughts??
Craft out!
xxoo

3 comments:

Maela said...

I love the "moet lamp" but would also improve the shade... I think it misses just a bit of bling!

Shinygirl said...

OT but I've seen a couple of lamps lately that have been prettied up by hot-gun gluing what looks like a hundred little plastic animals onto the base, then spray painting it all the same colour. They're very funky looking.

Angela Osborn said...

Moet lamp! I love the bottle as the lamp base.