Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 220-paper wheel lives on

The other day my fiancee was talking about the possibility of us seeing the extinction of books, magazines and newspaper's within our lifetime. His arguement went along the lines of the expanding use of computers and "E" readers, massive chains such as "Borders" closing down.... blah blah blah..... I of course don't want to believe it (even though I know he is probably right). So for now I will continue to mull over my copies of "Frankie" magazine's again and again with many cups of tea and when I am done I will love them all over again and re-invent them into creations like below.....

Pages from frankie
 initially I had this idea of using a foam ball as a base 
 and to then cover it in paper spikes (or mini trumpets if you like)
 I soon realized that would take a hell of alot of trumpets
 then I got distracted by how cool it looked when my trumpet's were colour coded
yep I got really distracted, but how cool does it look!
 so now I am trying to decide what to do with them all? should I join them to a backing to hang on a door or wall? 
or should I join them to a stick like a GIANT flower?
What do you think?
have you made any interesting creations out of paper recently?

email me to share your paper crafts at broncobowerman@hotmail.com

craft out
xxoo


1 comment:

Leona McKenry said...

Bron, I thought it would make a great base for a clock?? Love the colour coding!