Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 226-Guest Blogger Monday "Ann Maree Gentile"

Its a rainy old winter's night here in Miss Melbourne, I am not feeling very well myself and ended up heading home from work early and going to bed (so I am feeling just a tiny bit sorry for myself...).

To brighten up the mood I am featuring some work by a ceramic artist I discovered earlier in the year
Ann-Maree Gentile

Ann Maree works from her studio/shop in a small town approx 1 hour north of Melbourne called Warrandyte
I discovered her studio when my fiancee and I were visiting our wedding venue location near here and we stopped off in Warrandyte for a coffee. Her works are mainly out of clay and recycled/found objects.
I have purchased one of her sculptures myself which sits proudly in our living room.
I highly recommend if you are looking for a nice weekend drive to visit her studio located at

AmUsing Clay Studio/Gallery
Rear, 230 Yarra Street
Warrandyte, VIC 3113
AUSTRALIA
(Behind the Roundabout Café)


although you may want to call to check she will be there first as she does not have set "opening hours"
(the joys of running your own shop!) I love the quote on her website "my studio/gallery is open whenever I'm there creating, which is often but not set hours so feel free to call before you pop past"

The cute little studio
 with a hippie little cafe next door
 I love that when ever I have visited
Ann Maree is always making something in the studio space

 her work is colourful and playful



I love the black and white pieces too






I hope this has brightened up your night too
Craft out
xxoo



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like those a lot.