Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 231-Super Saturday's LIN-CRAFT

Hello friendly followers and fellow crafters!

It is super weather here today in Melbourne! and although my cold is still hanging on I am trying to ignore it!
Today I went on a drive to the Lincraft store in Nunawading (372-394 Whitehorse Road).
Usually I go to the same one near my work in Hawthorn, but I thought I'd go and check out a different one (Note; if you are driving there it is a little hard to find because it is actually inside the "Home HQ" centre on whitehorse rd, I kept driving back and forth looking for it!)

this is the building to look for
 Lincraft is upstairs
this store is great because it was super quiet and super neat, So I spent a good hour and a half looking and collecting supplies.

I love their selection of printed cotton's
and spied some super cute kids curtains with a bunting print on it
 these were really really long, so that you are able to cut the length you need and hem them yourself, I don't have kids yet myself but I think these would look great to decorate a nursery... one day!
I also really like the "plantation"range of blockout fabrics (below) these have extra thick backing which also make them perfect for curtains or furnishings
okay back to my project for today...
I was on the hunt for supplies to make christmas decorations (I know its a "tad" early!) but I have been given a stall spot at the Knox Community Carols by candlelight at the start of December and figured I should get onto it early.

I started by buying some felt off the roll, its much cheaper to buy by the metre
 I also found some great teeny tiny pom poms to decorate my creations
back at home I got started by sketching some template shapes onto cardboard
 lots of template shapes!
I will just show you one complete design today.
I started with a simple circle (cut 2 for extra thickness)
and a little heart for the centre
 pin a ribbon loop between the two layers and stitch together around the edge of the circle with a contrast thread
then I decided to add a second circle to the middle in a contrast colour, then the heart, some buttons and a ribben bow to finish (these were all attached with a glue gun)
 I have hung these from some branches I spray painted in silver (this was last year's tree)

 here is another one using the pom pom's
 okay I wasnt going to show you anymore... but here is a sneak peak... shhhhhhhhhh
They just look so good altogether! The key is to use the same colour palette for all of them
craft out!!
xxoo








No comments: