Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 337-Christmas wrap

Today we are preparing for a big family bbq at our house, so amid the meat marinating and salad making I have managed to sneak some craft creating in the mix.

I decided to have a crack at printing some of my own wrapping paper,
forget spending heaps of money on bought gift wrap! 
all you need is a roll of brown paper from the $2 shop, a few different colours of acrylic paint $6, a mini paint roller set $2 and away you go.... 
 I tested out a few techniques first on some scrap
 and then got to work creating my own design
 this one is ready to hang up to dry
next i tried using a piece of lace strip as the template
 I used the roller over the top
 and then lifted the strips to reveal the pattern
from this one roll of brown paper I will have more than enough wrapping paper for all the presents i need to wrap. This is definitely a craft that kids would love to get involved with. Don't worry if you drip some paint or your pattern is not symmetrical, the more rustic the better!

Tomorrow night I will wrap up a few pressies  and add some gift cards to show you how the paper turned out once it has dried...

craft out
xxoo


1 comment:

Sue M said...

Sensational idea - love it - next year...