Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 350-just 15 days to go!

Today has been a busy day of working on my wedding dress and cleaning the house, So I do not have much energy left for craft! but here goes...

I love collecting vintage woman's magazines and often find it hard to use them for decoupage (as I spend half the time distracted ogling at the outrageous outfits and even more outrageous articles). Below are two vintage magazines I recently purchased...
(to the left a 1970's Woman's weekly and the right a 1959 Weekend magazine)

The 1970's woman's weekly cover girl is sporting the new "angel hair" look with blue eyeshadow.
Apparently "crimping is the hottest new look" 
and the feature story covers Zsa Zsa Gabor's new book "How to catch, keep and get rid of men"
you also receive a gift with the magazine purchase (WAIT FOR IT... A GIANT CHUX CLOTH SAMPLE!!) gosh magazine's have gone down hill since then...

The 1959 Weekend magazine's feature article is "Divorce is Absurd", apparently divorce is Australia's greatest social problem. 
here are a few more snippets....

 "get out! the man who was born to die??"
 check out the placement of the paisley design on her lower lady parts!
 I love the colours of this print!
 Is she rubbing her back on this tree? I am not sure the "up pant shot" is working for her?
 what a fashion photoshoot! I love the "sideways walk in front of a cow" works everytime 
 so tonight's craft is simple... I cut it out, and put it in a frame... Voila!

craft out
xxoo

No comments: