Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 349-IT professional by day, Captain J by night

Earlier this year my brother in law (soon to be) emailed us a funny photo, he had been sitting next to a poster of a "tweety bird" type character and noticed a funny similairty (see the picture below).

Andee my fiancee decided to one up that by photoshopping a few of his bro's facial features onto the bird picture... and this is what it ended up like.
I decided it would be a great photo combo to stitch up a flip doll for his bro for christmas (yeah yeah I am sure that is "just what he wants for christmas!!") but you know its "crazy craft year" so everyone is getting craft for christmas.
I started by printing the photos onto fabric (I did this with a digital printer)

next I cut around the pic and started adding some fun features
I am kind of going for the louis and clark effect 
"IT professional by day" "SUPER J BIRD" by night
this doll is taking a little longer than expected, so I am going to finish stitching him tomorrow
craft out
xxoo


No comments: