Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 344-what to do with a match box collection?

Last night was my work's "Grease" themed christmas party and my Rizzo costume worked a treat!

travelling in style "maxi taxi"
 out the front of Luna Park with linda and tanya
back to craft...

My next door neighbour gave me her mum's collection of match books (earlier this year) hoping I could put them to some use.
the collection is amazing with match boxes dating back to the 70's and lots of really quirky funny ones

this little box below actually has a tiny pack of card inside it
this one surprised me when i opened it up!!
ha ha ha!
and this giant box from "ettamogah pub"
there are so many... which one to use???
I purchased a basic box frame from Ikea
putting them altogether in a pattern that worked took quite some time!
it was like a puzzle, with no connecting pieces...
I have not stuck them down yet, I am planning to do this with double sided tape,
tomorrow I will use a metal ruler to make sure the match boxes are as neatly stuck down as possible.

Craft out
xxoo








No comments: