Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 346-the last celeb supper

On the weekend I purchased this vintage picture of "the last supper" from an op shop for $5
it is not in the best condition, but I had in mind an idea to make an "appropriation" of the picture....
I am not religious personally, but I love the style of religious pictures.

the original picture from the op shop below (which obviously a previous owner has taken to it with their own crafty talents "a la nail polish painting style")
next I cut around pictures of the most trashiest celebrities on offer
I hate the way "celebrity" culture has taken over the world, it seems such an incredible waste of  everyone's time, money and brain power. But it seems that these are the idols of the 21st century.
I haven't actually glued these down because I was thinking I'd like to scan in the entire picture and photoshop the whole scene properly with the celebrity faces added...
I don't wish to offend anyone by defaming such a famous picture,
I merely wanted to make a point about our current societies admiration for celebrities...
craft out
xxoo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it!