Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1st of feb

Another super hot day in Melbourne today! lucky the cool change has bought a nice breeze for the evening.
Today I have made a patchwork scarf. I made one similar to this for my beautiful aunty judy last year for her birthday. At the time I cut out a whole pile of extra squares thinking I might embark upon a quilt or maybe a few more scarfs... Tonight I didnt have anything in mind to make so when I saw the little bundle of squares pre-cut out in my piles of fabrics I thought that looks like a good idea!
I really love mixing quite vintage floral fabrics with bold stripes or spots as a mis-matched contrast, as long as you have a similar theme (for instance with this scarf below I have used lots of green and orange) this helps to combine the overall look. I also stitched on 2 little doilies onto the plain fabric squares.
see pics below




 laid out flat before I stitched the two sides together
 the whole thing flat before joining
craft out
crafty-scarfy
xxoo

No comments: