Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 47-chalk, floods and newspapers

What an adventure my drive home was today! from hot sunny weather when i left work, to flash flooding after a 30 minute drive! (see pics below)
I then arrived home to 2 exciting things in my letterbox
1) the "Knox Leader" newspaper with my feature article in it (front page pic and page 14 article) only problem is that like me many locals will have a soggy newspaper tonight :( and I guess many people with throw it out before reading it :(
2) my second edition of "Frankie" magazine for the year! (yay good night time reading tonight!)

I have been working on tonight's craft for a few days and although it looks good in the photos it has not turned out right. I painted some blackboard paint onto glass jars, it looks really good but the paint is not staying on. I had to write really softly with the chalk so the paint didnt peel off (even though I have already painted 4 layers...) I think maybe it needed a undercoat of some sort?? or maybe blackboard paint doesnt take well to glass? any suggestions?





craft out
chalky lovers
xxoo



2 comments:

SilverMoon Dragon said...

There is a special primer that you can use before painting glass and plastic. A bit of light sand papering never hurts either.

But being the highly unhelpful and forgetful person that I am, I can't remember what it was I used when painting my plastic laundry hamper 13 years ago.

***Google tells me it was ESP. (Easy Surface Prep)***

Anonymous said...

They came out great! But sanding the glass down will help and there is a special paint that can me used on glass and plastic as well. I think you can buy little sheets of chalk board to glue to the glass to write on.

Like I said they came out great :)