Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Feb 8-melting success!

Today I enjoyed another crafty day at home, my mum has been visiting from interstate so we have been enjoying long walks, coffee, craft and wine!
My exciting craft for today has been melting records, yep melting old records in the oven and turning them into bowls. They turned out really great! The ones with the bright colours in the middle look the best. see pics of the process below,

Place the record on top of a bowl

after a few minutes in the oven

mold into shape

leave to cool




craft out
craft-de-vinyls
xxoo

6 comments:

Guy said...

So making myself one of these bad boys!

Unknown said...

They are awesome Bron, I want to make some.

Tattooed_Goddess said...

Love these! So cool!

Robin W. said...

These are amazing! Could you tell me what oven temperature you used and how long you kept them in the oven? I'd like to make some for my family for Easter. Thanks.
Robin
http://robinsnesttreasures.blogspot.com/

365 days of craft said...

i cant really remember the temp? prob 180, pre heat the oven, put it in for literally 1 minute and then quickly pull it out and mould it with your hands. just use a tea towel over your hands (its not that hot to touch). once it is out of the oven it drys very quickly when it hits the cool air so you need to be quick to get it in the shape you want (its also hard to re-melt it back if you make a mistake) have fun!

Flux-Mode said...

What a great idea! I have a few old records I have left in the sun for to long that i just couldn't throw out. Now i can use them! loving your blog.
Jazz