Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sheepy pillow

Today I spent the day sleeping in, nursing my rather sore hung over head (after a few drinky poos at the neighbours last night), watched a movie (127 hours, it was pretty good!), had a nanna nap and then had some of our great friends around for a bbq. I had only just started cutting out the project when they arrived so was greatful when they all decided to have a few rounds on guitar hero to finish off the night and i could whip up this beautiful pillow.
I have used one of the screen prints from yesterday's course and sewed it into a pillow case.
I love the big square european shape pillows and always have 2 of these on my bed (with about another 10 normal sized pillows!)
I used another pillow case as the pattern shape and cut out some black drill fabric for this (the black also acts as a boarder around the white printed panel).
I love it! I was thinking a quilt cover with this same print enlarged on it would look great, you could print half the normal sized pillows to match as white sheep and half as black sheep.

See pics below,




craft out
baaaaaaa
xxoo


1 comment:

Ange said...

That pillow looks great! And it is a good size too. The X in the eye of the upsidedown sheep makes me chuckle. :)