Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 56-felt necklace

Friday, lovely lovely sparkling friday!
Tonight I hand sewed a necklace from felt whilst watching a doco on tv after dinner.
My fiancee and I love doco's, i'd even go so far to say we are slightly obsessed with doco's. We have been known to have week's where we watch them every night. I think it must be a sign of my age... when I was a teenager I remember thinking "what on earth does dad find so interesting about documentaries?" and now here I am soaking in the information like a sea sponge...
hmm, anyway back to craft talk...see pics below

I drew a shape onto paper, pinned this to the felt and cut it out
cut out some contrasting circles and pinned these on
stitched the circles in place, attached the ribbon and sewed a bead over the top of the ribbon attachment (which helps to stabilize the ribbon)
 crafty neck art
I was taking inspiration from this other necklace I own for colour and concept, I didnt make this one, but I love it!!! "my motto with jewellery is the same as with a glass of wine... bigger the better! " 

 craft out 
craftastic peeps
xxoo



3 comments:

Ange said...

Wow. I forgot about time zones. Your timestamp says that you posted this at 10:45 pm on Friday. Here (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) it is 10:06 AM on Friday. I love the internet!
But what I really came in here to say is that I love your motto! :) (Even though I don't like wine, and I prefer to wear more delicate jewelry)
I have caught up and I am enjoying your crafty adventures. Thanks for sharing them.

Caz said...

Love it!

Reminds me of this headband my sister sent me for my Christmas Present:
http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/27208030/purple_headband.jpg

Awesome or what?

Love the motto too!

Nookojung said...

I love this project!!
NICE WORK!