Friday, February 4, 2011

Feb 4-Doily plaster combo returns...

Friday! how I love friday!

Especially when my local newspaper "the knox leader" rang today and want to do a feature article about my blog! I am very excited! they are sending a photographer to my house on monday to take some snaps of me crafting up a storm. Yay great news! I will be sure to scan in the article and post it when its published.

Tonight's craft is another doily/plaster combo piece. When I was casting the head shape the other day I had one doily left over that had already been dipped into plaster, I draped this over a small glass candle holder and left it to dry.
Below is the finished product, I think it turned out pretty cool, I love the shadows the doily pattern casts.






craft out crafty cats
xxoo

3 comments:

grow365 said...

LOVE this. love the idea that it's plaster and how the light shines through. you should totally etsy these.

365 days of craft said...

I would sell them on etsy... only problem is they are too fragile to send via post. I am still working on ways to make these a little more sturdy, I have been trying things like varnish, house paint (next considering resin) any ideas welcome.
Thanks for the feedback too!
cheers

grow365 said...

hope something works for you! resin sounds likely?