Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 48-romantic, rustic candle holders

Today I have made some candle holders out of tree stumps.
I attempted making the first one over the weekend and realized I needed a different drill bit (otherwise it meant lots of unnecessary drilling and chiseling).
Yes I was using a drill! every time I use a power tool I can just imagine my dads face! he would be thinking
"oh heck no, thats not how you hold it, shhheeeez watch out your going to cut off your hand,,,,thongs? why are you wearing thongs for goodness sake! that drills going to go right thru your foot!"
luckily the drill didn't go thru my foot... but that doesn't mean it wont next time... (especially if I am wearing thongs! ha)
see below the outcome, i think they look really cool,
I wanted to make enough of them to make a love heart shape on the table out of them but i ran out of time
 they really suit the rustic outdoor setting, especially with the rough bark left around the outside


the drill bit i used
 end result, neat hole for the tea light candle
 view from above


craft out candlesticks
xxoo

No comments: