Friday, February 11, 2011

coasters too good to be coasters

Today I have re-vamped some old coasters I picked up at the salvo's.
With the help of some Frankie magazine pics and 2 coats of varnish!

Only thing is now they look too good to be coaster's... who uses coaster's anyway... (I guess my folks do) but I don't have any furniture I would feel that precious about.

So I was thinking maybe they would look better as
A) giant brooches
or
B) 4 small wall hangings (they look really nice together below sitting in a line against the wall)

you choose, let me know your thoughts in the comments below,

cut out magazine pics to the right size, glue to the coasters and then varnish
they look cute lined up against the wall
but maybe too cute to be coasters?
how about giant brooches
she could be pinned on your jacket all day watching the world go by...
 she is playing branch arms, its a popular game with the youth of today...

Craft out
craftickles
xxoo

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love them as coasters, how cute they are. Or small wall hangings would also be good, maybe too gigantor to be Brooches...
Love you Bronnie, keep up the good craft xx

Anonymous said...

Wall hangings definitely - they look super adorable.

bojud said...

You know Bron, I really think they are great as a coaster, good table talk as they are sooo cute. love it:)

Hayley said...

They are too cute together to be parted for brooches so i think wall hangings

365 days of craft said...

Thanks for all your suggestions... I am even more confused now though... hmmm I think I will let them sit on my side board and see how they grow on me...

Connie Yeung said...

These coasters are very cute. I may need to order frankie. ;)

Unknown said...

LOVE this idea, may have to go find some old coasters...