Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 122-Celebrating Obama

It seems only fitting that today's craft is my "Obama" doll (as most of America seems to be out on the streets celebrating the death of bin laden) which Obama announced earlier this evening.
Today has been the highlight of the trip so far, Miss Bianca and hired bikes and leisurely rode across the golden gate bridge and over to the seaside town of sausalito. The weather was perfect, hot with a light breeze... see pics below,

we caught the cable car to pier 39
we were entertained by some colourful street "craft" DIY sign making along the way

 saw the famous zig zag lombart st from afar
 rode across the golden gate
the views from the golden gate were beautiful
admired some upcycled handbags in sausalito made from american number plates...
I couldnt decide if i liked them or not?? judging by the rest of the shops in sausalito ("nanna glamour" style) 
I think not so much, but it was the most interesting crafty thing I found.
we returned to san fran where the talk on the street was "osama bin laden is dead"
so very fitting we celebrate with my "obama" craft!
below is a picture i took when i was making the doll
cutting him out...
 In america (proof of life style with the newspaper in the background)
 on Miss Bianca's kitchen wall
 I think he turned out super cool, I am not that into politics, but I have read his book and think he seems like his heart is in the right place! Bless him!

craft out
xxoo


No comments: