Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 144-Giant Tea Cup

11pm... its been a crafty marathon tonight!
I am exhausted!... but it is all for a good cause.
Thursday at work we are hosting one of the "Australia's biggest morning tea" events to raise money for cancer research.
The social committee at work nominated me to "make" the money collection box (not sure why they nominated me?? ha ha)
So I had the idea of making a giant tea cup to collect the money in... and as most of my projects go, they become bigger and more adventurous than I first intended!! and now i am just hoping it will dry in time...

it started as many great craft projects do...with a couple of cardboard boxes
and then some masking tape
lots of masking tape...
newspaper strips, flour and water, gloves, a drop sheet.... lots of mess
feeling a little tired tonight..
I think all this craft is making me mad as a hatter
almost there...
now fingers crossed it dries for thursday, otherwise i'll be opting for a bucket to collect the donations in!

craft out
craftastic critters
xxoo

2 comments:

Leona McKenry said...

Bron that's INSANE!! LUV IT! Hope you raise heaps of dough (pun intended!) ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leona! :)

I have a question.. I want to make this for a friend of mine, but how big would the pannels be you use to make the actual cup? That seems like the hardest part to me.. Their shape and how to get them in a round form together. Do you have a stencil maybe of the shape / size? Or did you just do it by chance? Xx (Love from the Netherlands!! )