Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 121-Handmade on the streets of san fran cisco

Today Miss Bianca and myself slept in after a big night of margaritas! 
By the time we eventually ventured out onto the street it was actually the afternoon.
We headed to "walgreen's" to pick up a $1 dvd and some food supplies. 
On the way we walked past quite a few street vendors selling jewellery (or "jewelry" as spelt here) and various other souvenirs etc. I was really taken by one particular stall selling handmade crocheted hats, beanies and headbands. The little asian lady who owned the stall did not understand much english, I always make a point of asking where the products are made and when she replied "here, right here", I thought "yeah right... they are probably all mass produced in China and shipped over to all these little stall vendors around the states..." but I was happily proved wrong! we returned to the stall after getting some money out to find this little lady sitting and crocheting!! right there on the street! so we took some pics (see below) and I bought a few for myself.

Would like to purchase a crocheted headband or knitted beanie direct from the streets of San Fran?? let me know today and I will go and buy you one! headbands with eyes or bows are $25 and beanies are $45 AUD (plus postage) please email me today at broncobowerman@hotmail.com and leave your name, address and order, payment will be arranged as direct debit or via paypal,
cheers!!

craft on the streets of san fran cisco

 babies, kids and adult sizes... which one do you love?

"ribb-ertt" eye headband  
 froggy headband, bow headband and the froggy beanie
the headbands are great because they cover your ears keeping you warm!!
 bron dons the frog beanie!!

craft out!!
xxoo

No comments: