Wednesday, May 4, 2011

DAY 124-NYC!

Today was my first sightseeing day in New York City, what can I say... its very big! from the buildings to the food, to the volume of the sirens.
The craft for today is a t-shirt I designed and printed before I left home and very appropriately it is "New York" themed, see below...

I started the day with an amazing breakfast burrito (with homemade salsa and guacamole) before setting off on foot to the Empire State building.

We were blessed that the line up was not too long and headed up to the 86th floor to the observation deck WHAT A VIEW! the chrysler building, times square, central park, statue of liberty... on and on and on.

Next we headed for the hop on hop off topless bus to tour the city, the weather was fantastic, I even managed to get slightly burnt for a second time on this trip away! (my lovely friend Cass and I below)

Next lunch in times square and then another bus tour, this time around uptown/harlem
(below, myself, Kim and Cass in times square)
on the walk back to the hotel thru the garment district I came across NYC's "crafty" monument (see pic below) a giant button and needle

We have finished off the night with some yummy thai food and now off to bed before another big touristy day ahead!
I am super super excited as I just looked up the "ETSY" website tonight and found out there will be a local crafters etsy market on this saturday in NYC!!! YAY for me!!!
http://www.etsy.com/community/events

Till tomorrow, Craft out!!!
xxoo

1 comment:

bojud said...

Take lots of photos