Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 128-Etsy market and Central park

Today we were all up at the crack of dawn (partly due to a bad sleep and partly due to our excitement to visit an "Etsy" craft market!!!)
We lined up early (as the first 100 guests received a goodie bag, and everyone LOVES a goodie bag!). I used my time in the line wisely to introduce myself to each person and handout my "365" promo postcard (yep a little shameless self promotion in the city that never sleeps!).
Below check out photos from my day,

location of the craft market in New York, "Slate" a restaurant and bar (also used for events)
 Oh wow!! the hub of "Etsy"
 I was intrigued watching crafters arrive with their set up via taxi's (as most New Yorkers do not own cars), I later discussed this with another stall holder inside who informed me she lugged her whole set up on the subway!!! (that's crafty dedication)
 inside the market it was fairly small and quite dark (almost like a night club)
Here is my craft for the day, I printed this tee at home and then stitched on some crocheted flowers. I think it was an appropriate fashion choice for the day.
Next we headed off in the direction of central park. We hired bikes and rode around tho whole park (it took around an hour at a leisurely pace).
 It is a stunning park!!! and MASSIVE
 On the way back to the hotel I noticed the front cover of the new "O" magazine, where Oprah was wearing the exact same colour as my Oprah doll!!! he he
Craft out
xxoo

3 comments:

Izzy said...

Hey, I have been reading your blog since you started it, but this is my first time commenting. I think this is a great idea (wish I had thought of it first) and keep up the good work!

bowerman said...

100 FOLLOWERS!!!!! YAH BEAUTIFUL GIRL LOVE YOU XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOX

Caz said...

Wow, coming with a stall on the subway certainly is dedication. NY sounds like London for that, (Eg. some Londoners move house in taxis.)

Shame the market was poorly lit. :S