Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 129-Guggenheim and Alexander Mcqueen

Today was stunning weather, really hot and sunny (Actually the weather here has been amazing, we have only had one day of rain whilst in New York).
My aim for today was to visit the world renowned "Guggenheim" art gallery and "The MET" (the metropolitan museum of art).

Here I am at the "Guggenheim"
its an amazing building
you actually view the art as you climb the swirling ramp shape of the building 
my favourite painting on display was by Frantisek Kupka
see below
I also loved the painting below (but i cant remember who it was by??)
After this I headed to "The Met" where luckily for me an exhibition on Alexander McQueen was showing called "Savage Beauty". I have to say this exhibition was absolutely breathe-taking, mind blowing INCREDIBLE! 
I am even considering going back tomorrow...
http://blog.metmuseum.org/alexandermcqueen/

leather molded corset and ram headpiece 
the fan outfit
molded leather and hair outfit
It has certainly left me feeling very inspired! 
Okay, moving onto today's craft.........

craft for today... its a kim doll!
kim doll in the making below
(photo printed on fabric)
cutting out
kim and kim in NYC
craft out 
xxoo

No comments: