Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11th of the 1st 2011


Evening fellow crafters! tonight's creation is another fascinator.
I am a big fan of "big hair" with an even bigger flower and bright red lips. Fascinator's and hats add a touch of fun and glamour which I think we ought to bring back!
Below is the creative process...

I sewed a black headband out of stretch fabric

 I thought this striped fabric matched really well with the turq faux flower.
 I hand sewed this into a larger flower to act as a base for the small one.

I tried adding an extra layer beneath this but the flower became too big for a head piece. It looked good though (would work on a jacket or dress) as an oversized brooch.
The final product

Mwah!! craft out xxoo










1 comment:

Christine said...

Very Cute! I love your style