Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10-circus tights!

Tonight I honestly had no idea what to make...
After a late night last night and a full day at work today I wasn't feeling too inspired.
So I ate (that's how all good ideas start....) and then sat in my craft room sifting thru piles of fabric.

Often I find ideas comes to me when I look at the materials for inspiration, and today a striped stretch fabric and some bright red fabric jumped out and said "stitch me into circus-like tights" and so i did. process below,


first cutting out the fabric (i already had this tights pattern made up from a previous project)

my cutting table!!! ha ha ha, i am 6 foot tall so fabric cutting is back breaking work
my solution "bring the dining table to me!" 
with the table standing on TOP of the chairs it stands at perfect cutting hight.


my knee circles-using chalk i traced around a cup

overlock together- pin the circles in place after trying them on, to make sure they sit on the knees correctly

finished product! after adding a waistband (elastic enclosed)

I used an edging stitch to go around the circles (which attaches them to the tights and finishes them neatly in one go)


gee can you tell my favourite colours...


 action shot...well at least my outfit is sorted for work tomorrow!

enjoy your own craft-a-fornation
craft out..
xxoo

2 comments:

Christine said...

Lolol You look fantastic!!! Your outfit rocks. I can't wait till tomorrow =)

Rose Wintergreen said...

Ha ha ha :) Awesome project, but I also love your cutting table work-around! Very inventive.