Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25-locket lover

Locket lover tuesday!!
Today I am having a great creative day! I went op shopping in my lunch break and bought some old brass danish picture frames in mint condition. I wasnt sure what I was going to do with them... but I loved them and thought they might come in handy for a crafty project. Then I was struck by some creative genius! how about a GIANT locket!! I had some chunky brass chain at home which matched back perfectly with the frame! and walah! giant vintage locket necklace!!!
Its always exciting making something you havent seen on the market before...and now I am sharing it with you all!
I think I will make a few more of these nifty little (kinda big actually) things. Keep your eyes out on etsy if you want to purchase one I will add them and the link to my store in the next few days.
Also on another high note today I received my first commission, a friend and blog follower has commissioned another of my collarges (similar to day 12) for a friends wedding present. I will be sure to keep you posted on the progress.
See locket lover craft process below...

craft out 
craftimoles
xxoo

2 comments:

Caz said...

Maybe you'll keep getting commisions as interest in your blog expands around the world. Then you can give up work live happily ever after! ;)

365 days of craft said...

hopefully!!