Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12-collage art

Today I have actually had the day off work with a migraine so not at my creative best.
But I was not deterred! the craft must go on!
I always strive to create my art and craft from second hand or recycled materials wherever I can. Today I have made a collage from cutting up old fashion magazines. I also had an old A3 picture frame in the cupboard which has finished the picture off nicely,  see the process below...

I collected pages out of magazines that had red printing (so the collage had a colour theme) and I sketched a female stylized silhouette.

I cut out the coloured paper and arranged it with blu-tack (that way i could play around with the positioning/ also helps if you bump the page your working on! as it stays in place, I know from experience!)
The final product in a plain black A3 frame




craft out, craft-a-foreans
xxoo

3 comments:

tweal said...

this is so beautiful! I have a huge stack of magazines waiting to be cut up and I now have some great new ideas - thanks for sharing :)

Christine said...

Really Beautiful work. I love this. I'm going to try something like this myself. Your such an inspiration!

365 days of craft said...

thanks! I am thinking of doing a series of these all fashion/female silhouette inspired. I also thought finishing them with varnish could look good (if the paper was applied to an exposed canvas and then do a few layers of varnish) adding the extra element of texture...hmm food for thought